From passive to active use of media in teaching and learning
Come to Brussels and share your experience in media literacy and education with practitioners, policy-makers and stakeholders from all over Europe and beyond. Find out about the networks and cross-border initiatives that are exploring ways to make learning more creative, inclusive and effective. We are designing a programme for you that will be targeted, entertaining and above all engaging – prepare to be inspired at Media & Learning 2014!
Themes for 2014
- Effective media literacy schemes
- Embedding film literacy in education
- Programming as creativity
- Best research outcomes related to media literacy and education
- Incorporating video in the design of HE courses, including MOOCs
- Media supported language teaching
- Games – an educational media phenomenon
- Competent and safe use: teaching and assessing digital competence
- Media supported science teaching
- Media archives and teaching
- Cultural education and the role of media
- Curating OER and OER Repositories
Latest conference news
24/02/2014 - The call for ideas for the Media & Learning Conference will open on 1 March - all ideas should be submitted by 31 May. We are interested in receiving your suggestions for discussion topics, presentations, demonstrations, master classes and workshops but remember they need to be closely related to the conference themes. If you would like to discuss a suggestion or an idea you have for the conference then drop us a line, we are happy to hear from you!
31/01/2014 - The dates for the Media & Learning Conference 2014 have been announced: 20-21 November! Check the press release here
08/01/2014 - The full report of the Media and Learning Conference 2013 is now available! You can also read a synopsis of the programme.