Teaching with Interactive Video: A Faculty Orientation
This IP Videoconferencing Training Manual includes the format for OSU's past faculty training sessions on IP videoconferencing, going into the involvement of the class, and includes distance learning evaluation forms.
I. Introduction p. 1
- What is Distance Teaching Technology?
- Who Can Teach With This Technology?
- How Can Distance Teaching Help You As A Teacher?
- What Do Students Think of Video Conferencing?
- Where Does Distance Learning Take Place?
- How Do You Begin?
II. Instructional Strategies for p. 6
- Video Conferencing
- Setting Expectations
- Teaching Tips
- Keeping Everyone Tuned In
- Encouraging Dialogue
- Dealing With Technical Difficulties
III. Management Issues p. 10
- Scheduling The Class
- Building a Team
- Setting Up The Facilities
IV. Credits and Bibliography p. 12
V. Handouts and Forms p. 13
- TIP Sheet for Students Using
- Video Conference Technology
- Audiovisual Guidelines
- Usage Agreement
- Evaluation Forms
It's A Bit Like Star Trek': The Effectiveness of Video Conferencing
This paper presents an evaluation of the effectiveness of video conferencing as a teaching and learning medium within the area of early childhood studies. The methodology consists of questionnaires administered to the early years' tutors who taught on the course and to students in both Belfast and Armagh (remote site). Findings indicate that students at the remote site have developed learning strategies and skills for dealing with the video-conference lecture. Tutors have had to adopt a formal style of teaching and this has had an effect on how lectures are presented. Furthermore, it is recognized by tutors and students that a tutor needs to be present at the remote site in order to facilitate discussion and deal with questions and problems.
Blog about all kinds of media use in education.
• Audio (audio)
• Bildung (eduation)
• Didaktik (didactics)
• eLearning allgemein (e-learning in general)
• eLearning Volksschule (e-learning in primary school)
• Fotografie (photography)
• Internet in der Schule (Internet in schools)
• Kinder und Internet (children and Internet)
• Lego Mindstorms
• Metaversen (metaverses)
• Neue Medien (new media)
• Publizieren im Web (online publishing)
• Rechtliches (legal)
• Spiele (Games)
• Technik (technology)
• Video im Unterricht (video in class)
• Web 2.0
The information center for digital media in school and education from a School of Education in Switzerland.
• Aktuell (latest)
• Praxis (in practice)
• Bild, Ton, Text (images, sound, text)
Lernmedien (educational media)
• Aktuell (latest)
• Offline Lernen (learning offline)
• Online Lernen (learning online)
• Konzeptberatung (concept discussion)
• ICT-Entwicklungskonzept Solothurn (ICT development concept Solothurn)
• Prävention (prevention)
• Schulen im Netz (schools on the Internet)
• Freie Software (free software)
Weiterbildung (further education)
• Kurse (courses)
• Schulinterne Weiterbildung (school related further education)
• Pädagogischer Support (pedagogical support)
• Media Experts
• Veranstaltungen Rückblick (events – review)
• Termine (dates)
• Ausleihe (lending)
• Über uns (about us)
Videos bringen Leben in den Unterricht!
article about the usage of video in a primary school
Bewegte Bilder zaubern
Using video and computers in class.
Introduction: Living in a digital age
Working with video and media literacy
How to do it
Unterrichtsvideos als Medium der Lehrerinnen- und Lehrerbildung
How to exploit the potential of videos in teacher's training.
Unterrichtsvideos in Forschung und Lehre (Educational videos in research and teaching)
Medienspezifisches Potential von Unterrichtsvideos für Forschung und Lehrerbildung (media-related potential of educational video for research and teachers’ training)
Formen des Einsatzes von Unterrichtsvideos in der Lehre (Concepts of using educational videos in teaching)
Lernen durch Reflexion und Analyse von Unterrichtsvideos (Teaching by reflecting and analysing educational videos)
Herausforderungen bei der Reflexion und Analyse von Unterrichtsvideos in der Lehre (Challenges in reflecting and analysing educational videos in teaching)
Forschung zum Einsatz von Videos in der Lehrerbildung (Research about the use of educational videos in teachers’ training)
Digital Video in Education
Describes the production of digital video from a teacher's and a student's pov
MediaEd is the site for media and moving image education in the UK. On this site you'll find teaching ideas, lesson plans and project reports, examples of student work, details of where you can get support and training or find workshops or education screenings for your students. MediaEd is currently still under construction so your feedback would be really useful.
Get started with…
• Teaching about film
• Teaching film-making
• Media literacy
• Teaching ideas
• Student work
• What’s on
Media Smart develops and provides, free of charge and on request, educational materials to primary schools that teach children to think critically about advertising in the context of their daily lives.
Our materials use real examples of advertising to teach core media literacy skills.
• About us
• House Hippo
• What do you think?
• Media Glossary
• Media literacy and your child
• Tell us what you think
• Our materials
• Media literacy skills & curriculum links
• Order our materials
• Evaluation Research
• Media literacy core skills and learning objectives
• Key documents on media literacy
• Expert group
• Our research
• What others say about us
• Take up in schools
• Facts and figures
• Watch our infomercial
• Contact us