A Model for Integrating Video in Project-based Education, Training and Community Development
Media Action Projects is a practical guide for teachers, pupils and parents who want to use video in education, training and community development. The clear twelve stage model helps facilitators and teachers to support groups as they research, produce and show audiovisual texts. The model has been used successfully throughout Europe and Africa in settings ranging from primary schools to universities, from community groups to liberation movements.
Related articles on the same page:
# Real Communication with Video.
# Some Considerations on the Use of Video in Communicative Actions.
# Organizing the Different or Colonizing the System world.
# The Right to Information on Local Markets.
# Introduction to Freinet teaching methods. Interview with the principal of the Freinet school in Hoofddorp,Holland.
# Students Make Audiovisuals Themselves: How it can be done.
# "AH! ERNESTO!" A great short story on education by the famous writer Marguerite Duras. Enjoy it!
# Using video in as an instrument in communication, applying feedback and feed-forward.
Using Video in Training and Education
Quotes from the different chapters with references can be found on www.internetl.net (http://www.google.com/custom?q=Using+video+in+training+and+education&sa=...)
Media Smart develops and provides, free of charge and on request, educational materials to primary schools that teach children to think critically about advertising in the context of their daily lives.
Our materials use real examples of advertising to teach core media literacy skills.
• About us
• House Hippo
• What do you think?
• Media Glossary
• Media literacy and your child
• Tell us what you think
• Our materials
• Media literacy skills & curriculum links
• Order our materials
• Evaluation Research
• Media literacy core skills and learning objectives
• Key documents on media literacy
• Expert group
• Our research
• What others say about us
• Take up in schools
• Facts and figures
• Watch our infomercial
• Contact us
Video Streaming: a guide for educational development
This handbook is an outcome of the Click and Go Video Project of JISC. Click and Go Video was a project from 2000 to 2002 that aimed to provide "a user orientated resource for the academic community that will stimulate and enhance the use of moving image archives for mainstream learning and teaching. It will investigate and report on best practice in developing a video enriched learning environment through the integration of archived moving images, locally produced video, Web resources and asynchronous and synchronous communications tools."
- A learning and teaching perspective
- The Click and Go Video Decision Tool
- Planning your content
- What equipment do I need?
- Capturing your video
- Alternatives to filming
- Editing your material
- Encoders and players
- Serving streaming media
- Presenting your content
- Copyright issues
- ''Live'' broadcasting
- Evaluating the educational benefit
BBC Schools - Learning resources for home and school
This site consists of games, guides, … for kids at home and in school. It also provides information for parents and teachers. Students can check out chats, message boards and more to learn in a pleasant way.
- A variety of games and activities for young children from CBeebies programmes.
Primary subjects - Ages 4 - 11
- Subjects: Art, Geography, History, Languages, Literacy, Music, Numeracy, PSHE, Science, and other subjects
- Example: "Off By Heart: Compete to become the UK poetry recital champion!"
Secondary subjects - Ages 11 - 16
- Subjects: Art, Business Studies, Citizenship, Design & Technology, English, Geography, History, IT, Languages, Maths, Music, PE, PSHE, RE, Science, Study - Skills, Other
- Example: "Student Life: Crash Course Comic -Eight students embark on a school trip..."
- Subjects: General Studies, Geography, History, Languages, Maths, Science, Other Subjects
- Student Life homepage
- School Issues
- Careers & Choices
- Revision & Skills
- Book Club
- Message boards
Teachers pages with key stages
- Help with School Work
- Help with Home/School Life
- Games and Worksheets