Confirmed keynote speakers for Media and Learning 2014:
- Lord David PuttnamDavid Puttnam is the chair of Atticus Education, an online education company based in Ireland. Atticus, through a unique arrangement with BT Ireland, delivers interactive seminars on film and a variety of other subjects to educational institutions around the world.
- Vítor Reia-BaptistaVítor Reia-Baptista is a professor and researcher in the field of Communication, Media and Film Studies with a special research interest in Media and Film Literacy at the University of Algarve in South Portugal and he is the head of the research group in Film Studies at the CIAC – Centro de Investigação em Artes e Comunicação (Research Centre in Arts and Communication), where he coordinates the LEF – Laboratório de Estudos Fílmicos (Film Studies Lab).
- Michal TsurMichal is an experienced entrepreneur with many years of knowledge of technology startup work. Michal co-founded Cyota and was part of its management team from its inception up until its acquisition by RSA Security, Inc (NASDAQ: RSAS) for $145M (US) in 2005 (RSA was subsequently acquired by EMC Inc (NYSE: EMC)).
- René Tristan LydiksenRené Tristan Lydiksen is the Managing Director of LEGO® Education, Europe. LEGO Education is a global company with a 30-year history developing educational resources and solutions that make learning engaging and challenging for students of all ages.
- Jan De CosterJan De Coster has an educational background in physics and engineering. In the mid 90's he started producing interactive projects and became an art director at BBDO. Since then he has been working for many advertising agencies with his studio: Slightly Overdone.
- Stephen HowellStephen Howell is the Academic Engagement Manager for Microsoft Ireland. In this role he acts as STEM & coding evangelist at all education stages on the island of Ireland. Prior to joining Microsoft, for many years he was a Computing lecturer in Dublin and a visiting professor in Tokyo.
- Matteo ZacchettiMatteo Zacchetti is Deputy Head of the DG Information Society and Media Unit “Media Programme and Media Literacy” of the European Commission. Born in Genoa (Italy) in 1966. He works at the European Commission since 1995. He is responsible for the Media Literacy initiative and the Media Programme Pilot Projects within the DG Information Society and Media.
- Matt McCurdyMatt P. McCurdy is the Vice President of Education at Sonic Foundry and is responsible for the higher education market in North America. He has been with Sonic Foundry for seven years and has worked in the technology industry for over ten years with experience in the telecommunications industry.
- Stéphan Vincent-LancrinStéphan Vincent-Lancrin is a Senior Analyst and Project Leader at the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), Directorate for Education and Skills. He is currently responsible of two projects of the Centre for Educational Research and Innovation (CERI): “Innovation Strategy for education and training” and “the future of higher education”.
- Brian HolmesBrian Holmes is the Director of the Executive Agency for Education, Audiovisual and Culture. He helped to establish the Agency in 2006, as a Head of Unit, and in 2010 he became the Head of Department for the Lifelong Learning Programme (LLP). He was confirmed as Director in 2014 having been the Interim Director since 2012.
- Brecht DemeulenaereBrecht Demeulenaere was born in 1973 in the Western part of Belgium. He studied Art Sciences and Archaeology at the University of Ghent. Currently Brecht is the director of het Huis van Alijn, a Museum concerning the culture of everyday, focusing on 20th century heritage and life.